After your spray tan
- After leaving your tan to process for the required length of time, depending on depth of colour you want to achieve, rinse off in the shower with a hand wash.
- Do not scrub.
- Be careful of some shower gels as they can turn your tan orange as can some moisturisers.
- Pat yourself dry. Do not rub as you will rub your tan off.
- Each time you shower do not scrub and always pat yourself dry for the duration of the tan.
- Moisturise all over.
- Please note: If you look in the mirror and it looks like you haven’t been tanned at all please do not worry. Your tan will continue to process overnight and in the morning when you wake up you will be beautiful 🙂
What moisturiser to use
- After you have rinsed off your tan moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.
- DO NOT USE Sorbolene, Q10 or Aveeno to moisturise because they are barrier creams and will rub your tan off and turn you green.
- Best moisturisers to use that will deliver ultimate hydration, prolong and enhance your tan is macadamia oil, olive oil, rosehip oil (face).
- Moisturise each day for the duration of your tan.
- Please note: Oils need water so our skin will absorb them. Otherwise the oil will sit on your skin and be of no use whatsoever and you will feel like you’re being marinated!
- When you step out of the shower lightly pat the excess water off your body so that you are not dripping.
- Place small amount of either macadamia oil, olive oil, or rosehip, whichever you prefer, in the palm of your hands and rub all over your face, arms, hands, neck, decolage, stomach, legs, feet using the water to help absorb the oil into your skin.
For information and tips on how to achieve the perfect wedding spray tan: